In a world telling us that ‘Fruit is Nature’s Candy,’ we at Paradise Produce are here to give You some healthy suggestions on why you should be eating more fruit EVERY DAY.
If fruit is nature’s candy, then it would seem odd that a mango is suggested to individuals with Prediabetic should eat mangoes to help reduce chances of a becoming diabetic.
According to Medical News Today, “Mangoes and prediabetes Diabetes is a major health concern, in the U.S. and worldwide. A person with prediabetes has levels of blood sugar that are high, but not high enough for a diagnosis of diabetes. People with prediabetes have an increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and stroke.
A study from 2015 investigated the effects of mango on blood sugar in people with prediabetes. Participants who consumed 10 g of freeze-dried mango every day for 12 weeks had “decreased blood glucose and increased insulin levels.” The control group, who did not eat mango, did not experience these changes.”
After watching many shoppers stop in at our quaint mini-market produce shop on the edge of the rolling hills in Rancho Santa Fe, just before the Lake Hodges area on Del Dios Highway, we decided it was time to update our site here with this blog on Statistical facts that seem to be NOT making the rounds in today’s society when it comes to adding more fruit to every day consumption.
Get ready to get your FRUIT-ON and Eat More Fruit with these FANTASTIC FACTS that you need to know (especially if you are on a diet that says no to fruit):
- Eating fruit helps you meet your water intake
- Eating a piece of fruit instantly can lift your mood, besides warding of cancer
- Eating fruit is also ANTI AGING. (I actually-Robin’s wife—always rub pieces of fruit all over my face almost every day for an instant pick-me up glow and also giving my skin a tighter more youthful look. Why? Retinol to alpha hydroxy https://wellpreneuronline.com/6-natural-ahas-smoother-skin/, go to the original source and skip throwing hundreds to thousands of dollars down the drain on Skin care products that carry these same ingredients. The trick like anything is not to over do it.
- Eating fruit reduces chances of developing health issues or a disease. Why? Fruit is packed with vitamin C- boosting the immunity, increase your iron absorption, which can help prevent restless leg syndrome to reducing anemia.
- Grab that apple. “Eat an Apple a Day keep the doctor away.” We actually know a doctor here in Rancho Santa Fe that swears by this…and yes he has that rich fruit glow of health beaming out of his skin pores. According to MSKCC.org: “Cancer prevention and treatment Laboratory and animal studies have shown that pectin has anticancer properties. Human studies are needed to verify these results. https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/integrative-medicine/herbs/pectin MSKCC.org:
- Fills your tummy and you eat less processed foods, while providing more nutrients to hit your blood cells right away. Try watching documentaries like “Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead,” or Hungry for Change to understand the science of why -missing key nutrients daily can cause you to gain drastic weight. (YES, THAT’S TRUE-DRASTIC WEIGHT.)
- https://www.healthyeating.org/healthy-eating/all-star-foods/fruits#targetText=People%20who%20eat%20fruit%20as,and%20folate%20(folic%20acid). STAVE off CHRONIC DISEASES- Yes, please sign me up for this.
- A happy Gut is a Happy Person- Fruit is good for your digestive system. From eating your leafy greens, apples, beets, prunes, papayas, give your GUT SOME LOVE. East seasonal fruit. If seasonal fruit is not available, what should you do? Still EAT THE FRUIT available to you.
- Boost your BRAIN POWER instantly by powering down dome fruit. “Got an ORANGE? “ We do for you, and they are organic, freshly picked from the tree in the valley of Pauma Valley just below Palomar Mountain. – https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/11-brain-foods#section8
Increase your Brain and boost your memory power. Throw in some blueberries why don’t you and some delicious blackberries or raspberries.
- AVOS are dark green, but I am sure you know they are actually- A FRUIT. – Often you will hear of diet trends that purport mitigating fruit intake entirely, but hey eat plenty of avocados. Have they forgotten these miracle green babies we love are actually FRUIT? https://universe.byu.edu/2013/10/31/avocado-a-super-fruit/
The sun is setting across the hills in Cielo. The light is dimming. A new season of fruit is coming soon. I am sad to think that mangos are just about out of season. However, I have learned to love each season for my favorite fruit just around the corner…Guess what’s coming soon?
Fuyu Persimmons. Hmmm. I may have to write an entire blog on just those. They make my heart sing not to mention….well, I’ll Save that for next time.